Places of Worship
Holy Trinity Church
Holy Trinity Church on Church Lane, was built in 1842 to replace an earlier chapel that stood within the Castle Walls. The new church was designed by architect J.L Collard of Carmarthen. Though most of the furnishings were renewed in the early 20th century there is still some very good 1860 stained glass under the tower, while the east window glass dates to 1924. Most of the woodwork also dates to 1920.
Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church
- The Church was consecrated in 1977 by the Bishop of Menevia, the Rt. Rev. Langton D. Fox.
- The Crucifix above the High Altar, the Paschal Candlestick and the Sanctuary Lamp bracket are all of local cherrywood.
- The Church bell in the tower was a gift from the Benedictine nuns of Andover, Hampshire.
- The statue of Our Lady Queen of Peace is of wood, hand-carved in Austria, and was donated by an anonymous benefactor.
- The shrine itself was installed in the entrance-hall in 1974.
- The Parish Hall was built in 1972-73, with the help of the parishioners, by Mr. G. Rago, a parishioner, and was financed through the generosity of many benefactors from Parishes, Convents and Schools throughout England, Wales and Ireland. It was dedicated in 1977 by Bishop Fox of Menevia, to St. Nicholas Owen, the Welsh Jesuit martyr, who died in the Tower of London in 1606 from the effects of torture.